The WGI Selection process has been established by the Board of Wellington Golf Inc., to formalise and standardise the selection of the Representative Squad. The establishment of this process will enable all golfers (wishing to represent Wellington) to register their interest in being considered for Representative Selection.
The Representative Selection process will ensure that there is transparency for the appointment of the wider Representative Squad, and the mechanism by which playing teams are selected for Regional and National events.
Players will be assessed for selection into the Representative Squad on a combination of factors including, but not limited to:
- Player performance (with respect to)
- Gross scores
- OOM events
- District events
- National events
- Past performance as a WGI representative (if applicable)
- Player commitment to team culture and behaviours
- Organisational - course & personal management
- Ability to function and contribute within the team environment
- Adherence to the Rules and Etiquette of Golf and the WGI Code of Conduct
Selection for the Wellington Representative Squad, and any subsequent Representative Teams, requires a commitment to positively contribute to team results and uphold the team values.
For players wishing to be considered for Representative selection, please complete the Expression of Interest Form and the Code of Conduct Form