Women's National Teams District Final
National Club Teams Championship - Wellington District Final
Information extracted from NZG Club Manual
- may hold qualifying rounds for the National Tournament - an individual net 18 hole event, between 1 March and 15 April annually.
- may hold more than one competition day to ensure all eligible players (indices up to 40.4) have the opportunity to participate (e.g. mid week & weekend.)
- shall charge an Entry Fee part of which is paid to NZ Golf.
Players who belong to more than one club may compete in the club competition at each of their clubs but may represent only one club at the District Final.
- The four players returning the lowest net scores, and who will be available to play on the date of the District Tournament, will qualify for the Team to represent their club.
- Ties shall be determined by count back
- If a player who has qualified for the Club team is subsequently unable to play in the District Final, that player shall be replaced by the player with the next lowest net score in the club’s qualifying round. Any further replacements shall be in the order of the net scores in the qualifying competition
- Clubs will enter their club teams by completing the Entry Form for the District Final and sending it, together with the original score cards of the four team members, to WGI
- Must be played between 20 April & 31 May
- Must be played on a Course with a women’s NZG Course Rating of 70 or higher
District Final Competition
- The format is a four ball better ball stroke play
- The four players from each club are paired by their home club and drawn in different fours.
- Players NZG Handicap Indices on the day of the District Final apply.
- NZ Golf supplies a special card for recording the 4 ball scores on the day.
- In addition to these special cards, players must keep and return individual score cards for the day.
- The four ball net scores of the two pairs from each club team will be aggregated at the end of the round to determine the team’s score.
- The winning team is the team with the lowest aggregate net score.
- Ties will be decided by count back of the aggregated scores.
- The First, Second & Third placed teams shall receive prizes
- WGI will record the details of the Winning District Team on the Form provided and return it, together with the original scorecards, to NZGolf by the date specified on the form
- The net differential of the District Winners will be determined by comparing the four ball net score to the women’s NZGA Course rating.
- The team with the best net differential will be awarded the National Trophy.
In the event of a tie, a count back will apply.